What's that, you ask? Well, the Sunshine Award is given to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others in the blogosphere. The rules of acceptance are that you must answer the following 9 questions, and then pass the award love along to others…
To say that my friend, Amy, is a talented writer, would a gigantic understatement. She has her debut book release coming later this year (can't wait for Marathon Mouse!!!!), she has a wonderful blog (A Million Words), and something else keeping her busy... Hmmm... What was that, again? Oh yeah! FOUR KIDS!!! She's so gifted, and I am honored to accept this award from her. Thanks, friend!
Now, to the questions!
- Favorite Color: Red. But not like a Fire Engine. More like a deep, dark red.
- Favorite Animal: We all know this already... Elephants! Though dogs and goats are high up on my list of favorites, too. ;)
- Favorite Number: 11
- Favorite Drink: Any kind of tea. Mainly pomegranate.
- Facebook or Twitter: I'd have to say Facebook. I'm active on Twitter, but I can never seem to understand the point. Plus, I always feel like I'm eavesdropping.
- Your Passion: Sigh... There are so many answers to this question! I think I'll go with one that maybe none of you would guess. I have a heart for Special Needs kids. Before I had children of my own, I worked with several programs, and at one fantastic job, where I helped out these incredible children. I've gone to Special Olympics events, too. Just love it. I could go on and on...
- Giving or receiving presents: Giving. I couldn't care less about getting a single thing.
- Favorite Day: Clearly, this is random. But I love Thursdays. I always have! Not sure why, though.
- Favorite Flower: Gerber Daisies. I loathe roses. At our wedding (7 years ago tomorrow!) we had red and white Gerber Daisies EVERYWHERE. They seem so simple and elegant.
My Banana Peelin' friend, Elizabeth Stevens Omlor! Home of Banana Peelin' Thursdays (there's that random Thursday, again!) where she has published authors share their tales of slips and mishaps on the road to being published.
Jennifer Young!! Over at Castles in the Sky, she discusses all sorts of things! She does Author interviews, participates in Perfect Picture Book Fridays, and is even starting a Mixed Media Fan Club!
Eric VanRaepenbusch... Yeah, I know you've heard of him! He's the classy dad over at Happy Birthday Author!! I love Authors, I love this blog, and I love birthdays! Triple win for me!!
Donna Martin! This behind-kickin', black belt wearin', crazy awesome writer over at On the Write Track, has some great things to pass on. Plus, I'm scared she'll ninja attack me, so... Love you, Donna!!
Jarm Del Boccio at Making the Write Connections (another blog with the "Write" idea! haha). Man, this one is a neat blog! Jarm throws in her love of writing, history, and travel, all while showing some compassion to others. Fantastic!
My pal, Stacy S. Jensen does EVERYTHING on her blog! Seriously, this is her quote about her posting schedule: