Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Happy Book Birthday, Amy Dixon!!

There are moments in life that are pure coincidences, but then there are moments that are pure blessings. And I had a pure blessing moment, about thirteen months ago, when I joined my wonderful critique group...

I know, I know.
 
PLEASE, Bethany, not another braggy post about your dreamy critique group!!! We just can't take it!
 
Well, fine. BUT, one of my amazing critique group members is celebrating something spectacular, today, and I'm shouting it from the rooftops!


IT'S MARATHON MOUSE DAAAAAAYYYY!!!
 
 
 
 
My pal, Amy Dixon, is finally watching her dreams come true... TODAY! Her cute, lovely, wonderful, and dare I say PERFECT Picture Book, Marathon Mouse, is officially out. It's about Preston Mouse, who has decided to enter the NYC Marathon! He's a brave little guy, I tell ya! Believe me, it's a MUST READ, and needs to go to the top of your To Be Read (TBR) pile!
 
I'm doing the biggest, snoopy-est, happy dance for her! So, to celebrate, I want to help you get a SIGNED copy of this mousealous book!
 
Here's what to do...
 
Share this post with everyone you know. I'm talking teachers, uncles, aunts, neighbors, neighbors' kids, neighbors' grandmothers, your mailman, and even the clerk at the grocery store! Or, maybe just do it all at once, and hit the good ol' "Share" button, and get it out to all your social media sites.
 
Then, I want you to flood Amy's Facebook page with "Likes" and Happy Book Birthday wishes! Make them fun! Take pictures of yourself wearing mouse ears, or something. I don't really care what they are, as long as she's OVERWHELMED with love and attention!
 
Once you've done that, I want you to inform me in the comments section, below.
 
You have until 11:59pm (Pacific) on Friday, October 19, 2012, to enter.
 
She deserves to be celebrated, BIG time, doesn't she??  Let's do it!!!
 
 
We are SOO proud of you, Amy! We can't wait to watch you soar, and to say that we knew you when. :) We lift you up, today!! Happy, happy Book Birthday!! Here's to many, MANY more!!!!



52 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful post. I'm so excited for Amy (and wow, how lucky are you two to be in the same crit group?). So eager to read this book!

    Now, forgive me for yelling, but

    HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY, AMY!!!!!

    Besides wishing Amy a happy book birthday on my FB and FB page, I have also shared this fantastic post on both FB places, and I've now tweeted as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Amy...how exciting! I tweeted and let the world know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Amy, have just shared this post on fb, what a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky for Amy to have such an energetic cheerleader too! Happy BB-day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Amy! I left a message on her FB page and also spread it all over my own FB pages. It's a great day for a marathon of congrats! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been promoting this all over this morning. I am so excited for this picture book, and somewhat envious of your critique group!! Happy Book Birthday, Amy, and thanks for this super post, Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Amy. Bethany, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so grateful for all the support. You people are amazing! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I was sharing it everywhere BEFORE I read this post BUT because I want a signed copy TOO... I've re-shared it everywhere. Does a 4:30am skype of congrats count??? :) I also put it on LINKEDIN! YEAH!!! Ooooh, gonna put it on Google Plus too. Amy... SOOOOOOO proud of you! Can't say it enough! Love you, friend! You too Bethany! Honored to be among your number :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay!! Way to spread the love! And, 4:30am Skype calls, TOTALLY count!! Love you!

      Delete
  10. Congrats to Amy, I've known Amy for a few years as a parent in my classroom. She is a wonderful lady, and couldn't be happier for her. I shared this on my facebook page, and also have congratulated Amy on her facebook page. So proud to say that "I knew her when"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that going to be the best feeling, ever? Thanks, Gloria, and welcome!

      Delete
    2. Awww, Mrs. Lacy! Still so hard to call you Gloria :-) So glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  11. So excited for you, Amy :D Okay, and for all of us too!!

    Preston is posted on my FB wall :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy is such a kind-hearted soul. So blessed to know her and her family :) Go Amy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?! Thanks for stopping by, Stacy!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Stacy! Wow, totally overwhelmed by all the Jefferson support. Go BlueJays!

      Delete
  13. I know Amy and her awesome family in real life, and I've been telling friends about Marathon Mouse for months! I "liked" her FB page :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes sense why people in cyberspace are super jealous of you and me, eh Larissa? We know one of THE COOLEST ladies on the planet, PERSONALLY! We are quite lucky!

      Thanks for stopping by, and, welcome!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for all the kind words! And Bethany, keep your eyes on Larissa, she is going to take the kidlit world by storm!! :-)

      Delete
  14. Bethany, you are such a lovely and awesome host! Happy Birthday to Marathon Mouse and to the proud mama, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm proud to say I saw the very first draft of Marathon Mouse and I've followed Preston all the way into this fabulous book! As a runner, a mama and faithful friend of Amy's, I've already been sharing all about this book with friends!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one lucky lady, for sure!

      Good luck, friend!

      Delete
  16. Wonderful post!

    Happy Book Birthday!! Congrats Amy - very happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't know how I missed this earlier...? But Happy Book Birthday to Amy! I am anxiously awaiting my pre-ordered copy of Marathon Mouse but it has not arrived yet so I am jealous that you've gotten to read it already :) What a lovely happy post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susanna! I'm sure Amy will appreciate all the love when that book blows your mind! ;)

      Delete
  18. I'm a few days late, too! Happy book b-day to MARATHON MOUSE. I tweeted and posted on FB. Congrats, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I posted this on twitter too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations, Amy! It looks awesome. This book combines two things I love: running and reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves those two things, too, and that's why this book is amazing!! Thanks, Hannah!

      Delete
  21. I have no fancy pictures of me with mouse ears, although with wet hair, I do kinda look like a mouse. =) I tweeted and sent her two love messages on FB. Now I am going to go eat some cheese-its. Squeak!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations, Amy! The book looks adorable! The race has begun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Go, Amy! This is so exciting! Happy Book Birthday to my fellow Red Fox Literary kit! I'll send you more congrats on your FB page (there can never be enough Congrats, as far as I'm concerned!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh goodness. I liked Amy's FB page and then failed to come back here!!! But I do want to tell you a big Congrats, Amy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I’m really impressed แทงบอล along with your writing talents as neatly as with the
    format to your weblog. Is this a paid subject or did you modify it yourself?
    Either way keep up the แทงบอล nice quality writing, it is rare
    to peer a great weblog like this one these days..

    ReplyDelete