Wednesday, February 8, 2012

By jove, I think I've got it!!!

You know, I never would have imagined that anything I would write would get attention. Well, this week, I was proven ever so WRONG.

Yes, the MeeGenius thing is still going on, and I have been asked to share my advice on getting media attention. I promise that is definitely coming. I think I will wait until the week of February 20th, so I can concentrate on the process of how it all came to be, and not on getting more votes. (And by the way! If you haven't voted for my story, Waiting for James in a Sea of Pink, please click on that MeeGenius link, and hit "Like"!)

But besides the limited media attention I have conjured up for myself, I was also interviewed by the lovely and oh-so-talented, Jennifer Young, on her blog Castles in the Sky, this week! I have never been interviewed by a fellow writer/blogger/kid wrestler before, so it was super cool! There were several nice comments left by her followers, and some of them actually came over here (assuming I had more interesting things to say besides how short and hippie-ish I am!).

*Waves hi to new friends!*


My last post was titled, Tell me what to do. I asked questions regarding this blog, and what I should do with it. I got an outpouring of responses from my friends and fellow writers. I was shocked, to say the least. First off, I had no idea that anyone really even read this silly muse of mine. Secondly, to get such great advice from so many... I was flabbergasted! So many of you told me I shouldn't just write what I know (not that there's much to that!), I should write what I LOVE; Write what moves me, what I'm passionate about. And you know what? I believe I will do just that.

So, what is Bethany passionate about? Well, there's my husband- believe me, he's DREAMY. And trust me, ladies- a man in uniform is always a sight for sore eyes, but MY man in uniform? Yowza... I am very lucky, indeed!

I am also passionate about my children. But, I kind of feel that if I let the world in on everything my kids have to offer, it'd be like opening all your presents before Christmas. So, that's out.

I am passionate about being a shoulder to lean on no matter what the circumstance. Encouragement is a gift I believe God gave me, so that has to be used somewhere.

I am passionate about trees, nature, elephants (yes I know- random!), and writing.

Truth is, I am passionate about many things. But the thing I believe I can offer for my bloggity blog followers is this...

Things to ponder...


Yep. My blog is titled Perched in a Tree- my views from the branch I ponder on... And why not do just that? I am going to be thinking of different ways to get us (writers and everyday people) to THINK. To focus on life outside of the box. I might list a question, write about my thoughts (mainly on the writing world and the focus that books need to have in our lives. Trust me, NO politics will be found here!), and ask what you think. I want us to really dig deep. I want us to use the creative sides of our brains, not the business side, as we try to write these stories for children.

I'm still drawing up my plans- not too sure if it's going to be a weekly thing or a whenever-I-want-to thing. But for now, I'd like to give a jolly right THANK YOU to all of you who so thanklessly encourage. That gives me strength and hope that we truly care about one another.




So, I'm off to ponder... I'm so humbled by your response, I hope to come back with something great!

















16 comments:

  1. You know last week's question helped me think about my own blog and what I should be writing about. So in a way, you already had US followers pondering - and thank you for that!
    Happy for you that you found your bloggity niche. Can't wait to hear more about it in your future posts.
    p.s. That Forest clip is the funniest flipping thing I've seen in a long time. So glad I wasn't drinking anything b/c it would have shot out my nose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buahahaha!!! I'm glad you liked Mr. Gump. He made me laugh so hard, myself!

      And, thank you. I hope this works!!

      Delete
  2. Things to ponder - I like that. And congratulations on all of your success over the past week. Rejoice and enjoy the ride! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that! It sounds like a good idea. And I really enjoyed your interview over at Castles In The Sky! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susanna!! Jennifer made things easy over there. :) I appreciate your kind words!

      Delete
  4. I'll be looking forward to your "things to ponder" (I just love the word "ponder" and the concept of "pondering", have done for years.)

    I will stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth! I have an entire journal of my most favorite words; "Ponder" is definitely one of them!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great focus. Plus you had me at elephant. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure I'm writing down your quote, and putting it on my wall somewhere! Haha "...you had me at elephant." Awesome.

      Thank you, Stacy!

      Delete
  6. Yay, Bethany! Sounds like a good plan, and I look forward to getting a peek inside your brain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your idea of focusing on the creative. Sometimes in the madness of reading, visiting and researching all the HOW TO DO THIS in writing and illustration, I have completely forgotten the JOY of the creative inspiring side of this journey!
    Wishing you every success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sheri!

      And, you're exactly right. Information overload bums us out after a while. I'm hoping this will be the chance to leave that all behind for a brief moment.

      Delete
  8. New follower here. Nice to meet you, Bethany. Saw the title of your blog and had to click over. I'm a fellow tree lover ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, nice to meet YOU! Thanks for following... Good things are coming here, very soon!

      Delete